Home » Insurances

FAQ Group: Insurances

Do I need a visa?

No. All Canadian and American citizens need a passport valid for at least six (6) months after your return. From 2021 and on, you will need an electronic travel document to enter Europe. https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/etias/

What are the terms of the security deposit?

When you take possession of the motorcycle, a security deposit will be taken on your credit card. It will be released after you return the motorcycle. The security deposit varies from €2900 to €1000 depending on what insurance coverage you have chosen. Please refer to the terms and conditions of your contract.

What is the minimum age to rent a motorcycle?

You must be 23 years old and have a valid motorcycle permit with three years experience. There is no minimum age requirement for passengers as long as they can rest their feet on the foot pegs.

What to do in case of mechanical failure?

You can phone the rental support number that will be given to you at delivery time. Your motorcycle will then be towed to the nearest rental office or garage. The support will depend on the insurance coverage chosen. Please refer to the terms and conditions of your rental agreement.

What type of permit do I need?

You must be 23 years or older, have a valid Motorcycle permit, with three years experience. International clients, you can rent the same class of motorcycle your permit allows you to ride in your country. An International Drivers Permit is not required to rent but it is required by local authorities. Failure to show an …

What type of permit do I need? Read More »

Should I have medical insurance coverage?

We strongly recommend that you have your own medical insurance. It can be through international travel insurance companies or your credit card. We recommend that you verify with your credit card company if you are covered and to what level. MégaVoyages can offer your full medical coverage insurance.

Can I add a second driver to the motorcycle?

Yes, a second driver is allowed as long as this person meets the prerequisites, 23 years or older, a valid motorcycle permit with at least three years of experience. However, you remain responsible for any damages to the motorcycle.